- Join Our Network
- Provider Updates
- Find a Provider
- Pharmacy Tools
- Forms and Reference Materials
- FQHC/RHC: Guidelines and Resources
- Medical Policies
- Quality Improvement: Guidelines and Resources
- Gateway to Practitioner Excellence®
- Model Of Care
- Provider Manual
- Provider Newsletters
- Medicare Compliance
- Reportable Conditions
- Payment Policies
- Contact Provider Services
- Coverage Requests, Complaints & Appeals
- Health & Wellness
- About Us
- Contact Us
Gateway to Practitioner Excellence® (GPE®)
Gateway HealthSM Introduces the Enhanced Provider Pay-for-Performance Program
At Gateway HealthSM, we value the important role practitioners play in serving our members. We support recognizing and rewarding performance for those practices committed to providing quality healthcare that is accessible and efficient. Therefore, working collaboratively with an advisory workgroup of network primary care practitioners, (MD, DO, NP and DDS) Gateway would like to welcome you to the enhanced Gateway to Practitioner Excellence® Program. This program supports Gateway’s mission to deliver quality programs that positively impact the personal health and well-being of its members.
- Developed in 2007 to recognize and reward physicians who were committed to providing quality healthcare that was accessible and efficient among Pennsylvania Managed Care Organizations.
- In 2012, DPW standardized program measures, and Gateway expanded the program to include obstetrical and dental care providers.
- In 2014 expanded to Medicare AssuredSM and included new quantitative measures.
- In 2015 enhanced with rate based incentives acceptance of CPT II codes and FQHC modifications.
Who is eligible for the program?
- Primary care physician practices (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics) with panel size of 50 or more members. Medicaid and Medicare
- Obstetrical Care Providers (panel size not required) Medicaid only
- Dentists (panel size not required) Medicaid only
Online Provider Directory
If you have any questions about the Gateway to Practitioner Excellence® pay-for-performance program, please contact your Gateway HealthSM Provider Relations Representative.