Where Gateway Health offers HealthChoices Medical Assistance coverage in Pennsylvania.
In January of 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) awarded Gateway Health the right to proceed to contract negotiations in all five HealthChoices zones, which include the Southeast, the Southwest, the Northeast, the Northwest and the Lehigh Capital zones. The new HealthChoices contract is slated to be effective June 2017 and may give Medicaid eligible residents in all Pennsylvania counties the opportunity to select Gateway Health as their managed care organization (MCO).
- Southeast Zone - Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties
- Southwest Zone - Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Green, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties
- Lehigh/Capital Zone - Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, Perry and York counties
- Northwest Zone - Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango and Warren counties
- Northeast Zone - Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming counties