Where Gateway Health offers HealthChoices Medical Assistance coverage in Pennsylvania.
In January of 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS)
awarded Gateway Health the right to proceed to contract negotiations in all
five HealthChoices zones, which include the Southeast, the Southwest, the
Northeast, the Northwest and the Lehigh Capital zones.*
NOTE: Due to a protest of the decision, the new HealthChoices contract has not been put into effect as of April 2018.
- Southeast Zone - Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties
- Southwest Zone - Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Green, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties
- Lehigh/Capital Zone - Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, Perry and York counties
- Northwest Zone - Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango and Warren counties
- Northeast Zone - Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming counties